Objectives: Primary goal was to build brand awareness for the university among MBA candidates ages 25 to 54, including international students, in local and feeder markets. Building awareness among undergraduate students was a secondary goal.
Strategy: We created a powerful integrated campaign by using local network news programming and primetime news formats as well as cable networks. Channels included Fox, ABC, Lifetime and HGTV.
Ads also ran on directories in malls close to the university, and the creative had a tie-in with nearby retailers. We also placed ads in directories of airports that international prospects were likely to visit.
In addition, we digitally targeted people in the city and feeder markets who had searched online for higher education content relating to MBAs in the past 48 hours. The banner ads that ran on news, finance and premium education sites featured commercials. Units also ran on online radio and on-demand television.
- Exceeded gross rating points (GRP) expectations.
- Achieved excellent click-through rate.
- Measurable increase of overall reach and gross impressions.
- Increased website traffic.
- High inquiries for both undergraduate and MBA programs.
- College renewed and repeated the entire program.